Regarding the scenarios, I hope that after you pictured / imagined your initial [probably negative] reaction, you could come up with some positive self talk to put a positive response spin on each. The best method I have discovered is:
- Take a deep breath.
- Remind yourself that your emotions are influencing your response.
- Start to develop a plan on the best way to improve the circumstance. Diverting yourself away from the emotion by focusing on the task.
- Take another deep breath; check your attitude, blood pressure and language.
- Put your plan into action.
- Is this situation so awful that the world has stopped spinning? Frequently, coming up with a worse case scenario than the one you're in makes the current one seem trivial.
- Get on with your day; it happened, it's over, it's fixed, let it go, move on!!